Thursday, June 09, 2005

Never underestimate the power of the Chinese Mother Network

[This is from Alice.]

Last night, I took five of my mom's closest friends to dinner to thank them for their incredible support. These women have rallied friends, co-workers, children ("So-and-so's daughter has made a film, and you are going to see it! Study for finals later.") and slathered the Bay Area in posters. At one point, my Auntie Janet asked how the film was doing. "Really well," I said, "We had a second strong weekend at the box office and we're opening in more cities." She nodded sagely: "Never underestimate the power of the Chinese Mother Network."

How true that is.

Thanks to everyone for your support! The filmmaker in me hearts the Chinese mother in all of you.

Alice





2 Comments:

Blogger watashiwaying said...

Hi. I am a Chinese American lesbian studying dance and English at UC Berkeley and I just wanted to say thank you for making this movie. I have never seen a film twice in three days (well now I have, and I'd go again tomorrow) but I would totally join the Chinese Mother Network in promoting Saving Face, even though I'm not a mother. I was wondering if there's anyway I could get a look at the screenplay, since both Joan Chen and Michelle Krusiec spoke of many deleted scenes. I realize this is a ridiculous request, but I'm asking anyway.

1/7/05 11:50  
Anonymous j said...

go bears! and go chinese american lesbians from berkeley!

7/7/05 14:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home